6 Simple Ways To Keep Your iPhone From Running Out Of Battery So Fast
We all know that sinking feeling you get when you’re out on a Saturday night and realize to your utter horror that your iPhone will be dead soon. That little battery icon nearly drained of its life-force taunting you mercilessly from the lock screen. It will be hours before you get to a charger. All hope seems lost.
The good news is there are some very simple ways to extend the battery life on your iPhone quite significantly. Most people are unaware that so much is going on behind the scenes on their phone draining the battery.
Here are 5 simple ways to extend the battery life on your iPhone.
1. Turn Off Fetch – Right now the “Fetch New Data” setting is turned on. That means every few minutes your phone is checking to see if you have any new mail, contacts, or calendar updates. The solution is to change the fetch setting to “manual.” Instead of checking for new mail constantly you can tell it to check for mail when you want to read it.
How to do it: SETTINGS > MAIL, CONTACTS, AND CALENDERS > FETCH NEW DATA > MANUALLY
2. Close Apps – A lot of people don’t realize you are supposed to close apps on the phone when you’re finished with them. It really drains the battery if you have 10 apps running at all times. A friend of mine has had an iPhone for years and never knew about this.
How to do it: Double-tap the home button and it will bring up list of running apps. put your finger over each running app and swipe upwards to close it.
3. Turn Down Screen Brightness – Turning the brightness down and turning off Auto-Brightness can be a big battery saver.
How to do it: flick upward from the bottom of the screen and you’ll see the brightness toggle. To turn off Auto-Brightness go to SETTINGS > WALLPAPERS & BRIGHTNESS.
4. Turn Off Parallax Effect – That motion effect where the icons appear to be floating above the wallpaper is a battery killer. Turn it off.
How to do it: SETTINGS > GENERAL > ACCESSIBILITY > REDUCE MOTION
5. Reduce Spotlight Search – Your entire phone is indexed and searchable via Spotlight Search. By default everything is indexed. Unselect what you don’t need indexed or you don’t even have on your phone to save battery. The only thing I have searchable is my contacts and the rest I unchecked.
How to do it: SETTINGS > GENERAL > SPOTLIGHT SEARCH
6. Turn Off Bluetooth – When you’re not using Bluetooth make sure to turn it off. It’s a major battery killer because it’s constantly searching for something to connect with.
How to do it: flick upward from the bottom of the screen and you can toggle on/off the Bluetooth button
Do you have any other tips for saving battery power? Tell us in the comments.